Brothers & Sisters of I.A.F.F. Local F-33,
In an effort to re-establish our relationship with the Burn Institute and to prepare for the March 2020 “Fill the boot” initiative, there are several volunteer opportunities for upcoming events where you can represent your department and yourself in order to serve the community and facilitate the smooth operation of events designed to raise money and awareness for the Burn Institute. The upcoming events are outlined below:
Firefighter Demo Derby Pre-Rally
- Wednesday, May 29th
- Volunteer Hours: 2pm-8pm or 4pm-8pm (Event runs 5pm-8pm)
- Location: Ashton Street in the Bay Park neighborhood of San Diego (between Morena Blvd & Chicago Street. If you need to reference an address for Google Maps, you can use Bay Park Fish Co.’s 4121 Ashton St, San Diego, CA 92110 )
- Event description: This is a block party fundraiser for the Burn Institute and rally for the Firefighter derby teams just a few days before the Derby event. This gives the derby teams and opportunity to showcase their derby cars before it gets smashed up Derby day. We sell $5 tickets for food and beer. We’ll need volunteers to assist with event set-up, ticket sales, wrist-banding beer enthusiasts and event tear-down/clean up.
Fire & Safety Expo and Firefighter Demolition Derby
- Saturday, June 1st
- Volunteer Hours – all approximate at this time and are subject to minor changes
- Location: Del Mar Arena at the Del Mar Fairgrounds located at 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar, CA 92014
- Event description: This will be our 29th Annual event featuring a Fire & Safety Expo with exhibit booths, dynamic demonstrations, Burn Run Fire Apparatus Parade and a Firefighter Demolition Derby.
- Volunteer Job Description: We are in need of Firefighters to assist with managing safety in the Derby Pits.
The Institute is looking for 4-6 volunteers for the Pre-rally (May 29) and 4-8 volunteers for the derby (June 1). I have to submit names, desired shift and email address by May 20th for both events. There are limited spots so if you turn in your name to attend one of the events, please make sure you are committed and can make it.
To put your name on the list or for more information, contact FF Nicholas Sulo.